LIRA DISTRICT LOCAL GOVERNMENT
DISTRICT SERVICE COMMISSION -LIRA
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant post CLERK OF WORKS currently available in Lira District Local Government. Application forms (PSC Form 3 ) can be obtained from Public Service Commission , Kampala and District Service Commissions Countrywide. The application forms should be submitted in triplicate to the Secretary, District Service Commission, P.O. Box 49, Lira not later than 12th July, 2019. Applicants must attach certified copies of their academic transcripts, certificates and professional papers, plus three (3 copies of recent passport size photographs). Serving officers should route their applications through their Heads of Department who should be informed of the closing date to avoid delay.
The following Terms of Reference shall apply:-
Type of Appointment Contract
Number of Vacancy One(1)
Site Agali Seed Secondary School
1.1. Key Duties and Responsibilities.
- Carry out full-time duty to day detailed supervision of the construction works at the allocated site(s).
- On a day to day basis monitor the Contractor’s work progrm, number of Contractors’ specified personnel and equipment on site, quality of works, quality of materials, and compliance with the
- drawings and specifications to ensure adherence to all building codes. And health and safety regulations on behalf of the Client.
- Ensure that the required standards of quality and accurancy of work and materials are maintained including taking samples of materials, concrete slump tests, concrete test cubes, etc, by expeditiously and carefully reviewing test procedures of the Constractors.
- Check the drawings for any obvious errors in dimmensions and detail and compare with specifications for discrepancies.
- At the commencement of the contract, check grid levels of the site with the Contractor.
- Check all setting out and site levels.
- Examine the Contractor’s progress schedule, check and record progress of the work and note any delays with reason.
- Settle minor problems of detail arising on side to endure that work poceeds in an effective workman like and exonomical manner.
- Check all baselines, setting out and levels. Check the position, dimensions and plumb of all formwork before concrete is poured and of all structural members, walling etc.
- Check whether any rebates, mortieces, holes ficings etc are required in the structure before pouring concrete and check sizes and positions of these items in the formwork.
- Ensure adherence to the specifications and conditions of the contract by the Contractor.
- Ensure that there is adequate interrelationship between and among stakeholders during implementation of the project and update them on technical aspects of the project.
- Ensure that the Contractor keeps the site tidy.
- Issue necessary site instructions to ensure good quality and workmanship plus complaince to specifications provided the instructions don’t have cost implications.
- Approve materials for construction before ncorporation into the works
- Ensure that all construction work is accomplished as required in accordance with the approved work programme.
- Ensure that the Contractor adheres to safety regulations(Safety measuares will include provision of safety helmets, boots, guard rails, safety equipment, sige signs first aid, equipment etc.).
- Maintain a diary to record the progress of construction, delays, weather conditions and sire visitors and other significant facts and submit weekly reports.Endose day work sheets with certification in respect of hours worked and materials used
- Check and ascertain that the Constractor prepares for Site Meetings as and when they are due.
- Attend to the site on all occasions and attend all scheduled she meetings and submit written progress reports every week and a monthly progress report.
- Any other duties that may be assigned by the appointing authority
1.2: Person Qualification
- Ordinary Diploma in Building and Civil Engineering from a recognized Institution with at least 5 years’ experience of which 3 years is in construction supervision of similar sructures OR
- Advanced Craft Cerificate in construction with experience of over 10 years.
- Computer skills in MS-Word, MS-Excel and Internet applications are essential.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills is a requirement
- Knowledge of the Local Language(s) in the District will be an added advantage.
AG.SECRETARY, DISTRICT SERVICE COMMISSION/ LIRA